Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook to stay up-to-date on JLM happenings!
About Junior League of Mobile
Junior League of Mobile has more than 1,300 provisional, active and sustaining members, making Junior League of Mobile the fifteenth largest league within the Association of Junior Leagues International. Our membership includes executives, community leaders, entrepreneurs, mothers and professional women from diverse backgrounds. Join us in fulfilling our mission of promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and creating community impact through the effective leadership and action of trained volunteers.
Junior League of Mobile does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion or national origin, and reaches out to women of all races, creeds, religions and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism. There is no deliberative process in the recruiting system.
JLM uses only the following criteria for prospective members:
- Prospective members are women at least 23 years of age by May 31 of the year admitted
- A prospective member resides in the greater Mobile or Baldwin County area or adjacent community or county.
- A prospective member does not live within another Junior League’s recruiting area.
- Each prospective member is sponsored by two (2) Active or Sustaining members in good standing of JLM. At least one of the two sponsors must be an Active member, but any of the two sponsors may serve as Primary Sponsor. A JLM member may only serve as a primary sponsor of one prospective member each JLM Year. Provisional members are not eligible to sponsor. Members of other Junior Leagues are not eligible to sponsor new members of the Junior League of Mobile. Are you interested in joining the Junior League of Mobile, but don’t know a potential sponsor? We will assist you in the process.
- First year membership dues are $255.
- Admissions opens each year in January. If you are interested in learning more about JLM, please email email@example.com
- Connections to communities in need, individuals we serve and people we serve with
- Training for effective community service and leadership, including finance, fundraising, leadership, public relations and marketing, advocacy and personal development
- Awareness of community needs and opportunities to contribute to solutions
- Interaction and partnerships with community leaders
- Leadership Development: opportunities to serve on community Board of Directors and chair committees that make an impact in the community
- New friends, continued growth and personal fulfillment
- Membership Transferability: League membership is transferable throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, and England
Member Demographics & Interesting Facts
- More than 500 JLM active members who reside in 35 zip codes in two counties
- 74.9% report making an impact in the community as the most important aspect of volunteering with JLM
- Age range of members: 23 to 101
- Average age of all JLM members (active, provisional and sustaining): 50.14 years
- 70% of JLM members work outside the home