Become a Member
Click Here to complete a new member application today!
Mark your calendars for these upcoming Mix & Mingle dates! Click Here to register.
- Friday, May 19 – Virtual Zoom Call at Noon
- Wednesday, May 31 – Post On the Hill 6 p.m.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the Junior League of Mobile (JLM). You will be joining an organization of more than 1,000 women committed to advancing women’s leadership for meaningful community impact through volunteer action, collaboration, and training. JLM reaches out to women of all races, religions and national origins who value our Mission.
JLM has a MEMBER sponsored system. We encourage you to ask your friends if they might be League members and eligible to sponsor you. You might also meet Junior League members at Christmas Jubilee in November or at various events throughout the year, like our new member informational meetings.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Instagram to keep up with all JLM news and events.
About Junior League of Mobile
Junior League of Mobile has more than 1,000 provisional, active and sustaining members, making Junior League of Mobile the fifteenth largest league within the Association of Junior Leagues International. Our membership includes executives, community leaders, entrepreneurs, mothers and professional women from diverse backgrounds. Join us in fulfilling our mission of advancing women’s leadership for meaningful community impact through volunteer action, collaboration, and training.
Junior League of Mobile does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion or national origin, and reaches out to women of all races, creeds, religions and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism. There is no deliberative process in the recruiting system.
JLM uses only the following criteria for prospective members:
- Prospective members are women at least 23 years of age by May 31 of the year admitted.
- A prospective member resides in the greater Mobile or Baldwin County area or adjacent community or county.
- A prospective member does not live within another Junior League’s recruiting area.
- Each prospective member is sponsored by two (2) Active or Sustaining members in good standing of JLM. At least one of the two sponsors must be an Active member, but any of the two sponsors may serve as Primary Sponsor. A JLM member may only serve as a primary sponsor of one prospective member each JLM Year. Provisional members are not eligible to sponsor. Members of other Junior Leagues are not eligible to sponsor new members of the Junior League of Mobile. Are you interested in joining the Junior League of Mobile, but don’t know a potential sponsor? We will assist you in the process.
- First year membership dues are $255.
- If you are interested in learning more about JLM, please email email@example.com.
- Connections to communities in need, individuals we serve and people we serve with
- Training for effective community service and leadership, including finance, fundraising, leadership, public relations and marketing, advocacy and personal development
- Awareness of community needs and opportunities to contribute to solutions
- Interaction and partnerships with community leaders
- Leadership Development: opportunities to serve on community Board of Directors and chair committees that make an impact in the community
- New friends, continued growth and personal fulfillment
- Membership Transferability: League membership is transferable throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, and England
Member Demographics & Interesting Facts
- More than 250 JLM active members who reside in 35 zip codes in two counties
- 74.9% report making an impact in the community as the most important aspect of volunteering with JLM
- Age range of members: 23 to 101
- Average age of all JLM members (active, provisional and sustaining): 50.14 years
- 70% of JLM members work outside the home