Community Assistance Fund Applications for 2024 open August 1 and close October 7.
While Junior League of Mobile (JLM) places primary importance on providing trained volunteers, we also recognize that there are financial needs in our community that do not call for volunteer involvement. JLM maintains a Community Assistance Fund (CAF), which enables the organization to respond financially to needs and opportunities within their impact area, Healthy Children: Hunger, Nutrition & Fitness.
Congratulations to our 2022-2023 CAF Recipients
What does JLM look for in a Community Assistance Fund project?
- Funds may only be granted to non-profit, tax exempt organizations having proof of 501(c)3 authorization, schools that have public school status, or religious agencies which benefit the general public.
- All grants must be for programs/funding that is consistent with the mission and focus of JLM. Our current focus area is: Healthy Children: Hunger, Nutrition & Fitness.
- Organization has not received CAF monies within the past 24 months.
- JLM partner agencies that receive JLM volunteers and/or programming funds are not eligible for CAF funds.
CAF Fund specifications are as follows:
- Applications for funding should be submitted online only. Click Here to access the application.
- The Committee chair or a designee will investigate all requests, making an on-site visit when appropriate.
- Records will be kept of all the grants and reports.
- Requests will not be considered for: fundraising drives, staff salaries, capital campaigns, political campaigns, sectarian religious projects, scholarships, tuition, research, endowments, agency/non-agency individuals or agencies currently involved in a financial or project commitment with JLM.
- All applicants will be notified of the outcome. The CAF chairperson or a designee will request to make awards at board meetings, when possible.
For more information please email the JLM Community Assistance Fund Chair.