Over the past 90 years, Junior League of Mobile (JLM) has gifted a “legacy” of other nonprofit agencies and programs to our community. These “legacy” projects are organizations which were founded all or in part by JLM and continue to thrive today as self sustaining organizations that address specific community needs.
JLM legacy agencies and programs include:
- Child Daycare Association
- Gulf Coast Exploreum Hands-On Science Learning Center
- Mobile Area Education Foundation
- Mobile Arts Council
- Mobile Public Library’s Bookmobile Program
- The Carlen House Museum
- The Child Advocacy Center
- The Drug Education Council
- The Preschool for the Sensory Impaired
- United Cerebral Palsy of Mobile
- Visiting Nurse’s Association
- Volunteer Mobile
- and many others!
JLM is very proud to play a role in the founding of these organizations.