Junior League of Mobile Diaper Bank supports area families in need with diaper donations.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Medicaid covers 1/3 of all births in the US but government programs don’t provide diapers – a basic need for babies and toddlers.
- Diaper needs impacts the physical and mental wellbeing of children.
- Just a few health issues that come from poor diapering: Painful diaper rashes, diarrhea, urinary tract infections, Hepatitis A and viral meningitis
- Most childcare centers require parents to provide a day’s supply of diapers – without this, babies can’t go to daycare, and their parents can’t go to work.
- A child who is sick due to poor diapering or one who is not allowed to attend daycare because their parent can’t afford diapers is deprived of a learning environment which leads to long-term impacts.
HOW YOU CAN HELP