Junior League of Mobile: COVID-19 Guidelines for Shoppers During Christmas Jubilee 2020
On behalf of the Junior League of Mobile Board of Directors, Management Team, Operations Staff, and Christmas Jubilee committee, and our Community Partners we extend our heartfelt thanks for your support and participation in Christmas Jubilee 2020! It was not without considerable thought that we chose to move forward, and we want you to know that the health and safety of our members, volunteers, merchants, staff, and shoppers are of utmost importance. With that in mind, Christmas Jubilee is following all guidelines set by the City of Mobile, the State of Alabama, the Alabama Department of Public Health, the Mobile County Department of Health, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
We wanted to make you aware of the steps we are taking to provide a safe environment for all partners involved in Christmas Jubilee, and to provide you with comfort concerning your shopping experience.
As a reminder, to prevent the spread of COVID-19, it is recommended that you wash your hands often with soap and water or use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol, stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arms’ length) from others, and wear a mask in public settings. For your convenience, hand sanitizer will be available at the entrance and exit and throughout the Mobile Convention Center. We have also requested that merchants provide hand sanitizer in each booth at the area for payment/checkout.
Additionally, each day prior to opening, the market area will be deep cleaned, disinfected, and sanitized. Every hour and between each shopping shift, high contact and high traffic areas will be disinfected and sanitized.
Policies for shoppers during Christmas Jubilee 2020:
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and/or have been in direct contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the 14 days preceding Christmas Jubilee, please stay home from the Mobile Convention Center.
- In accordance with local and state mandates, masks will be required while in the Mobile Convention Center. If you are not wearing a CDC approved facial covering you will be asked to put one on. Any shopper who elects to not comply with local and state mask mandates and does not have a valid medical exception will be asked to leave and will not receive a refund for their ticket.
- Temperature checks will be taken daily for shoppers prior to entering the venue(s). Any shopper with a temperature of 100.4°F or greater or is found to have COVID-like symptoms will be asked to leave.
- We have provided a single entrance and exit for the general public. Markings will be placed on the ground to indicate 6-foot social distance as recommended by the CDC. We ask that you please stay socially distanced 6 feet apart while entering the market and while enjoying your shopping experience as best as possible.
- We ask that while drinking within the Mobile Convention Center during your shopping experience you remain stationary. While concession areas are open, indoor dining tables have been limited to an approved area and spaced as a safety precaution. They will also be stocked with disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer. If you do need to take a snack break, we request that you take advantage of the outdoor seating areas whenever possible and maintain social distance from others while not wearing a mask in the designated area.
***These guidelines may be amended, altered, changed and/or revised prior to the start of Christmas Jubilee 2020. We will communicate any changes on the JLM website and social media channels as soon as they are available.***