The Young Woman Community Leadership Scholarship is funded by Junior League of Mobile and designed for young women in their senior year of high school in both Mobile and Baldwin Counties who:
- Demonstrate excellence in and have commitment to voluntarism and improving their community
- Demonstrate creative actions that reach out to and motivate others
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuing their education
- Demonstrate at least one year’s experience as a volunteer within the community (outside of school activities)
Application Instructions – The application process is now ALL ONLINE. Deadline to apply is April 15, 2020.
Step 1: Please have the person nominating the student fill out the Organization Recommendation Form.
Step 2: Please have the student fill out the Student Information Form which will include uploading the following required documents (please note all documents must be uploaded at the time the student information form is filled out):
- Official current high school transcript
- A written essay (up to two pages) describing:
- volunteer experiences
- motivation for further education
- extracurricular/leadership activities
- a list of colleges and/or universities to which you have applied
- Two letters of reference (one personal and one volunteer) including:
- Name and phone number of person writing the letter
- The letter should include answers to the following questions:
- How the applicant has demonstrated a commitment to making a difference in her community
- How she has demonstrated a commitment to reaching out to others
- How she has affected the behavior of her peers and others
- What skills she has shown in her volunteer work
- How will the scholarship financially impact the student’s ability to achieve her educational goals
- Letters from organizations validating volunteer hours (1 letter is required but up to 3 letters may be uploaded)
Call JLM Headquarters if you have any questions, 251-471-3348.