Request for funding is appropriate provided it meets one or more of the following criteria:
- Addresses a critical or basic need
- Funds a pilot program
- Expands upon or provides a significant service to the community
- Addresses the possible disruption of a program or service
- Has the ability to meet an unforeseen need not covered by an organization’s budget or present financial resources
- Oct. 28, 2016 at noon – Applications due to JLM. Application period is August 1 – October 30, 2016.
- Dec. 16, 2016 – Winners Notified.
Complete a Community Assistance Fund (CAF) 2016 Application ONLINE
Note: Additional information is required for evaluation of assistance request and must be included with your application:
- A copy of your agency’s IRS letter of determination of tax-exempt status
- Fiscal year-end balance sheet and income statement
- Program budget (revenues and expenditures by line item)
- Other sources of projected income
- Proof of public school status, if applicable
Please email your supplementary documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to the address below:
Community Assistance Fund Chair
Junior League of Mobile
57 North Sage Avenue
Mobile, AL 36607
The CAF, or a portion of the CAF, may be reserved by JLM in the event of a disaster where emergency/recovery funds may be needed. CAF grants are small amounts of money usually in the $1,000-$4,000 range. There are limited funds available each year.
If you have any questions regarding the parameters of the fund, email the Community Assistance Fund Chair.
We are so thankful to be in a position to help those of you who are committed to improving our community. This special fund is our gift to you that will multiply through your good deeds for others.